How to access your IELTS results online
Did you take your test at an IDP test venue? (Click here for British Council.)
You will need:
|Must match the name provided at booking, including ALL given/middle names on your ID document.
ID document number
|Must match the document used on test day.
Date of birth
|Format as day/month/year.
For paper-based IELTS exams, your results are released 13 days after your test date.
For computer-delivered exams, your results are released 3-5 business days after your test date.
Where can I check my registered information?
If you still have your desk label from test day, please refer to this (example shown on right). This will display your registered IELTS information, which you can use to access your results online.
Alternatively, log in to your IELTS account here.
Why can’t I access my IELTS results online?
If you see this error message, try these troubleshooting steps:
1.The name you are using does not match
The name you use to check your result online MUST match your original IELTS application exactly. In most cases, this will be the full name on your official ID document (e.g. passport).
Log in to your account here to check your application details.
- Your given name(s) are your first name and any middle names, if you have them.
- Your family name is the last name from your IELTS application.
- However, if you do not have a family name and did not include one in your original application, write a hyphen (-) and nothing else. An example of this is provided below.
2. There is an issue with the date
Write your date of birth in the format DAY/MONTH/YEAR. (Do notwrite your test date.)
3. The ID document number does not match
The ID document you use to check your result MUST match the one used on test day.
- If you have recently renewed your ID document, such as a passport, be sure to use the ID number we have on record for you.
- Log in to your IELTS account to check your original ID document number.
4. Your IELTS exam was more than 2 years ago
You can view your IELTS result online and order additional Test Report Forms from your centre up to 2 years after your test date.
5. Your result is still being confirmed
If you have considered steps 1-4 and still cannot see your online result, it might be for one of these reasons: –
- It is too early to see your result: Remember that results for paper-based IELTS are released 13 days after your test date, or 3-5 days for computer-delivered IELTS.
- The test centre is still processing your result: In some cases, it may take a few extra days to view your unofficial result online.
If you still cannot access your online result, please contact us for assistance.
IELTS Results FAQs
Can I download a digital copy of my results?
The online portal is a way for you, the test taker, to access your IELTS scores when they are released. A digital copy of your results cannot be directly downloaded or used for official use (such as a university or immigration application).
If you have made an application that requires physical proof (hard copy) of your IELTS scores, please wait until you have the official Test Report Form (TRF).
How do I receive my official IELTS result (Test Report Form)?
Your official Test Report Form (TRF) is a physical report of your IELTS result. This document can be used for official use and formal applications, such as those for immigration or university.
The ILAC IELTS test centre will mail your Test Report Form (TRF) to your home address. For pick-ups in person, check directly with your test centre to see if this option is currently available.
If you need us to send your IELTS result to an academic institution you are applying to, click here for more information.
I need the TRF number for my application. Where is this?
Your TRF number is printed on your official Test Report Form (TRF).
The TRF number can also be seen at the bottom left corner of your screen when previewing your results.
I want to request a remark. Is this possible?
Yes, a remark is known as an Enquiry on Results (EOR). Click here for more information.
Can the test centre send my IELTS result to the university I am applying to?
Your test centre can send your results to academic institutions, such as a university or college. Visit our Results page for more information.
ILAC IELTS is on social media!
Follow us for IELTS and General English tips, updates and test centre news! Just click on the icons below to find us.