At the test centre, please:
- Wear a mask. Bring your favourite one, or we are happy to provide one! (Masks should be removed for the registration photo only).
- Be prepared to sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken on arrival.
What we are doing:
- We have reduced capacity of each exam
- All test equipment is sanitized between each use
- Finger scans will not be taken at registration.
If you are unwell or have close contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms:
- Before your test – do not attend your test. Find more help here. You must send an email before 6pm on the day of you test to: email@example.com. A complimentary transfer of your test date will be offered. Please tell us your name, test date, location and receipt number. We cannot approve transfer requests for absent test takers who do not notify us before 6pm on the day of the test.
- During your test – If you feel unwell during your test, please inform your invigilator immediately. Any test taker who displays symptoms, such as fever or excessive coughing, will be advised to leave the test centre and contact 811 for further guidance.
- After your test – call 811 to report.
Other things to note:
- Anyone who does not wear a mask fully covering their mouth and nose will be asked to leave the test centre. A refund will not be provided.
- Washroom facilities are open and available for use on test day. Water dispensers are not – please bring your own water in a transparent bottle.
IELTS test day
Before your Test
Familiarize yourself with the test format. We will also give you information on test day about how to do your test.
Arrival and Registration
You need your valid passport or Permanent Residence Card to take your IELTS test.
Registration ends 15 minutes before the first part of your test. You cannot take your test if you arrive less than 15 minutes before the first part of your test and you will not receive a transfer or refund. Please check your confirmation email for your speaking test time and your written test time. During registration we will:
- Check your ID and take a photo. The photo will appear on your Test Report Form.
- Provide you with a white plastic bag for your belongings. Place everything inside the bag except water in a transparent bottle with the label removed. Your cell phone and all electronic equipment must be switched off.
- Assign you a test room.
Please do not wear scents– many people are allergic. You may be denied entry to the test if your scent disturbs other people.
Please follow social distancing rules – to ensure the safety of test-takers and staff, you will be asked to leave if you ignore the rules in place and/or warnings from your invigilator.
What Can I bring into the Test?
- Your ID
- Water in a transparent bottle with the label removed.
Please note: pencils will be provided for rough notes. All items provided are sanitized between uses.
What happens in the written tests?
The order of the test is Listening, Reading and Writing. The test is on a computer. The total time is about 3 hours. The staff person in your room can help you if you have a question about the procedure. Please put up your hand if you need help. There are no washroom breaks in the test. You must stay until the end of the test.
Your speaking test
Your speaking test may be before or after your written test. You will receive an email telling you the exact time and day. Your speaking test will be with a qualified examiner and take about 15 minutes.
Safety measures will always ensure a 2 metre distance between the test-taker and examiner. Test-takers may wear masks for their Speaking interview
Important: The label on your work station on test day contains important information to help you access your results. At the end of the test, take it with you and keep it safe.
How do I get my results?
Results are released within 5-7 days after your test date. There are 2 ways to get your results:
- By Mail: We will automatically mail all test results to the address you provided during registration. Please allow 4 weeks from the date your results are released.
- Online (unofficial results): While waiting for your results in the mail, you can check unofficial results here. Copy your name ‘exactly’ as it was written on your desk label.
*During Covid-19, results will not be available for pick-up.